Monday, April 2, 2007

Eating Again.....



Well I'm finally getting over this stomach thingy....Saturday was the first time I actually wanted to eat. Can you believe that? I've never NOT wanted to eat! My scale is still whacked so I'm not sure if I lost anything or not (that would be the pits....being sick and not eating and not losing any weight!) But I'm feeling a tad less bloated around the middle which is good. That lousy spare tire thing that creeps up on us when we're not looking...it's starting to deflate...ever so slowly.

I haven't gotten back into the exercise mode though. I did do some walking this weekend at the lake. We spent the night at our cottage getting it primed for our daughter and son-in-law who will be living there the next 5 months. They're newlyweds (since last June anyway) and have just returned from Boston (her hubby plays hockey). They'll be re-locating to Springfield Mass. in the fall so they're going to bunk at the lake in the meantime. Ah... the stories they'll be able to tell their kids someday!
Anyway - now that my appetite has reared its ugly head again, I'm trying to remember what it was like to eat small portions. I think I almost got my eyeballs used to looking at a smaller plate of food. In fact, I plan to borrow an old tactic from Weight Watchers and actually use a samller plate at dinner rom now on. And another trick I'm trying is (one of my girlfriends taught me) is to pop a stick of gum in your mouth as SOON as you've finished that first helping. It keeps you from going back for seconds.
And dessert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Using smaller utensils definitely works...sometimes when I eat yogurt or pudding, I actually use baby spoons lol