Monday, April 23, 2007

Winter Legs....


Yesterday was a glorious day! Here in upstate NY we have been less than blessed with some pretty yucky weather. Not to mention all over the place! Last Sunday we went to a Pig Roast and it was snowing! Yesterday the thermometer almost hit 80! Which meant when I meandered outside it was tad too warm for pants. I dug out a pair of shorts and immediately sent them back into hiding! Nothing looks worse than winter-white cellulite!
So I slathered some self-tanner on my legs and donned a pair of Capri jeans. I'll continue with the regime through out the summer. (On my legs anyway.) For some reason I can tan anywhere except my legs! (and that's where I need it most....)
Anyway - I drove over to our "other" house - the one were adding an addition to - to see how hubby was coming with giant pine tree he was taking down. This "other" house sits on 4 acres so I took advantage of the wonderful weather and walked the perimeter of the property. It felt so good to be out after a long winter. But in my Capri's, it started to feel pretty warm and I knew that it wouldn't be long before these marshmallow legs would be on display for all the world to see.

I really want to tone them up. Of course all the toning in the world isn't going to show under a layer of lard so the first item of business it to decrease the girth of these horribly-awful thighs of mine. Does anyone know if bike riding is a good thing or a bad thing when it comes to that? I like to bike - but I don't want to bulk them up. Should I stick to walking?

Any thoughts on this subject would certainly be appreciated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been told that walking is one of the best ways to get rid of "hail damage"! I really need to get moving, too - here in Texas it already feels like summer!

Lora said...

Hail damage! That's exactly what it looks like!