Tuesday, May 15, 2007

More Fruits & Veggies!


Well, I'm doing okay with this journaling thing! Knowing I have to write it down is making me think before I put something in my mouth. At the end of the day I use a bright yellow marker to highlight the fruits and veggies I've eaten. Also anytime I've used a whole grain product instead of a refined one. I highlight the bad stuff in pink. (I know - we're not supposed to look at food as "good" or "bad") but for my purposes here - I want to get a grip on exactly what my daily intake looks like. I KNOW I need improvements!

At the bottom of each page I write: Exercise.... and I promise as soon as I do some I'll write it down! Seeing it blank makes me feel more motivated to do it! My toe is feeling better. The swelling & bruising have subsided so I feel up to taking a walk after work today.

Tonight one of my old high school pals has invited me over for dinner. Her hubby is away on business and I haven't seen her in probably 6 months. Not to worry - she's fixing us a weight watcher's meal. After 20 some odd years she has finally joined the big WW and she tells me she's lost 25 pounds! I can't wait to see her. I won't be jealous at all! Because I know how she's hidden herself away all these years embarrassed about her weight and she's finally feeling better about how she looks! And...whenever I see someone who's lost a lot of weight (25 pounds is a good amount for her- she's only 5' tall and probably is down to about 140 now) I get inspired! You know...the "If they can do it - I can do it mentality!" Don't get me wrong...I'm going to feel very self-consciously fat tonight. But the tables have been turned before and she owes me this one! I'll let her gloat!

No comments: