Saturday, June 2, 2007

Friday Night Camp Out


We slept at the "other" house last night. The one we're adding on to. I went over around 6:00 and then Hubby's cousin & wife stopped by to admire our hole (which now has some actual sides to it) and we ended up making a campfire and ordering a pizza. I didn't feel guilty about the pizza because I don't have it all that much. When first hubby was alive, every Wednesday was Pizza & Wing night. Our local Pizza Shop had a special Wednesdays and so we just followed that routine for years. Present hubby isn't a big pizza eater, the kids are gone now, the Pizza Place doesn't have the special anymore and I'm trying to eat healthier. Lots of reasons. So last night I indulged and it tasted good and I won't need it for a while. I ate 2 wings too....what the heck, right?


Anyway - it was getting late and we'd already bedded grand baby down in a port-a-crib in the house so we decided to just crash there for the evening. Even though the place is all torn apart there is still a bed there, so the 3 of us shared quarters. Kind of like camping out. It was fun!


Morning rolled around and there is no food there so hubby suggested we hit a local diner and have breakfast. I was going to order healthy. But when I looked at the menu I realized there was no fruit to be had. About the only health fare I could find was oatmeal and yuk....I couldn't bring myself to order oatmeal in a diner. So I got eggs and sausage and home fries and toast. Not a real good choice. SO I'm going to be extra conscious of what I eat today (I'm really craving some fruit right now and I have fresh melon in the fridge so hooray for that!)


Anyhow...so last night & today weren't so good. But I took my measurements today and the walking is paying off! Though the scale is staying the same - I've lost: 1" on my bust, 1/4 " on my waist, 1" on my hips, 3/4" combined on my thighs and 1 1/2" combined on my upper arms. That's a total of 4 1/2 inches which doesn't sound like much - but it was all in the span of 3 weeks. Enough incentive to keep me going.


Watch out little black dress - your retirement days will be ending in the next few months!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh it does sound like you have been having a good time. Would have loved the "camp out" - you are entitled to treat yourself, as long as you don't lose sight. :) Keep up the good work.

TitanThirteen said...

Woohoo, go the dress! Camping in the hole sounds great. Imagine the memories you are creating for your new house already :o)

I love that hungry crab picture. I nicked it, thanks lol