Thursday, July 19, 2007

My Bad....




Well, pickins' were slim as far as ordering anything that was even close to being good for me. Being a nice place, the menu was limited. (Click on the menu and tell me what you would've ordered!) I ended up with the Chicken French. I know. I KNOW! Drenched in butter and fried to boot. What can I say. I caved. But when everyone ordered dessert - I passed. Well pat yourself on the back, Lora. Big deal.


Ah, but tomorrow is another day so I'll just start up where I left off.


On a lighter note - it was a really beautiful place. Our table overlooked Lake Ontario and the shoreline was shallow for many feet out so the waves were breaking with whitecaps. There was slight pink hue over a portion of the horizon that gave the darkened sky a warm feeling. Reminded me of the ocean which *sigh* I haven't been to in over 3 years..... There were also beautiful gardens and in spite of the slight rainy drizzle, we walked through them and out onto the pier. It was warm and breezy and in spite of the large guilt trip I was laying on myself for being little Miss Piggy - I truly enjoyed myself.


Maybe I need to focus more on the surroundings when I go out and less on the menu. I mean, the food was excellent - but being there was even better. Hmmmm....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you passing on dessert! At least you didn't make a bad eating situation even worse.

*ccc* said...

That menu was droolworthy...

Consider it a splurge and move on :)

Christine said...

Wowowow. I checked out the menu and if I was watching every calorie - I might have picked the salmon - ha. But naaa - being there I would have ordered the chicken parmesan - anything covered in cheese. :) And I would have had dessert too. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with *ccc*!
Droolworthy indeed.
I love exotic things, and would have been seduced by the cranberry tenderloin, or the tilapia pina colada. (If I truly was being decadent, the New Zealand Summer Rack of Lamb or the applewood wrapped pork loin floats my boat)
I commend you on no desert, and I agree with the others- It was a splurge, enjoy, and don't beat yourself up over it!
It is so easy to lose sight of how far we have come, or to get discouraged when we don't constantly see progress. Just know that we are all here for each other, n'est pas?