Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy Friday!


Weigh in today found me exactly one pound less than less week. So I can officially keep my 5 pound loss badge up. Whew! I know I wasn't as good this week as I could've been. Had a run in with some oreo cookies the other day and a few dinners with extra helpings. But I've been keeping up with my workouts (the DVD as well as the weights) and I'll take a one pound loss.

I'm actually starting to see a little definition in my upper arms beneath that layer of padding I have and I can also do 6 push ups nows! (The girlie kind.....I have horrible upper body strength and the real kind are so hard for me!) But two weeks ago I could only do two so I can tell I'm gaining strength.

I am so itching for the weather to warm up so I can get back to walking. I know I could trudge through the snow and slush but I just don't enjoy going out in the cold. It's 28 degrees right now (8:30 AM) and I'm thinking...not today! But then I look out the window and see my neighbor across the street plodding along through the snow to her barn and I feel guilty. She is always up very early - outside doing chores - hangs her laundry outside EVEN in the winter - and here I sit at my computer with a cup of coffee in my cozy bathrobe - talking about exercise insted of doing it. Did I mention she's thin? Did I have to?

Okay - so I think maybe I WILL walk today. AND do my DVD. I have to go out to the new house with hubby (which is cold anyway) to lay out the plan for the electric. The house is coming along so slowly.....and it seems we'll never be living there! Not to mention the overwhelmingness of what's going on in this house! We are doing a "flip" of sorts on this place to make it ready to sell and sell fast. Which involves (besides painting every room of course) a new kitchen, bathtub and carpeting. We ordered the kitchen cabinets and they arrived Wednesday. We spent all day yesterday putting them together. We've already put a new laminate wood floor in and my kitchen is going to look better than it has in the 14 years I've lived in this house. (Isn't it always like that?) It's not until you move that you finally get the things done that have always needed doing?) Now my living room is filled with cabinets - and it's looking like a warehouse in here! There is just so much to be done here - so much to do at the new place....but I shouldn't complain. Hubby is a handy guy and is doing a great job and someday we won't be living amidst the sawdust and stray nails.

The pic is my kitchen as it looks now (sans the blue wallpaper I stripped off last week). I'll keep you posted on the progress. In the meantime - I hope you all face the challenges of the weekend with success. Remember - if you slip - the weekend isn't a wash! Just put it behind you and press on!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like an episode for Oprah, doesn't it? Why do we fix a home for someone we will never know, but live with the "before" version ourselves? I'm sure there's some self-discovery in there somewhere!

Unknown said...

I need a hubby like yours, need someone that is handy. I am single and doing everything myself. I am wanting to remodel my bathrooms and kitchen and do most of the work myself because of money. I have a feeling it's not going to work that way though. The kitchen just overwhelms me and there is no way I would attempt a countertop. They are just too expensive to screw up. If you had a good resource to order cabinets please let me know :).

Now, back to healthy stuff (bleh..hehe). I don't blame you for not going out in the weather. I wouldn't either. You are doing great, though. A one pound loss is better than a gain. Just think that is a box of butter off your thighs :)

Lora said...

I have a great contact for kitchen cabinets! it's through the internet and the prices are awesome (hubby checked around TONS before we found this guy!)

Diana Swallow said...

YAY for the pound!!

Isn't it amazing how much stronger we are getting? We should get everyone to do a fitness self assessment and do another one every four months and then see how much stronger we are by the end of the year.

I completely understand not walking in 28, I walked when it was 38 and it was the quickest 2 miles of my life, never again!! We can learn a lot by watching thin people. Your neighbor has the right idea about staying active, even if she has frozen laundry. Glad she inspired you to walk and do the DVD.

Looking forward to pictures of the remodel!

Hanlie said...

Well done on getting your badge!

I really enjoyed your post. It was just fun to read.

Hope you have a great walk! And good luck with the home improvement!

Pattie said...

6 push-ups, girlie or not, is a huge victory! Yay you!

I always enjoy your posts, Lora. Happy Friday to you too!

Grumpy Chair said...

Yay to keeping your badge!!! And super awesome on seeing muscle definition. I'm not very strong when it comes to push ups and they really tone your triceps.

Good luck with your flip, I love to watch the flipping shows over the weekend.

TitanThirteen said...

The kitchen looks lovely! I really like that corner cupboard too. I haven't seen one like that before.

Good on you for the extra push ups. I have terrible upper body strength too.

Those oreos sounded vicious. I have food just throw itself at my mouth sometimes too lol

Heather said...

fantastic job with your loss! and I think you leave that badge up no matter what! you earned it! weight fluctates..accomplishments last forever.