Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!


It's Christmas Eve and the excitement has begun! Youngest daughter came in about 2 hours ago and was met with bear hugs and even a few tears from her step-dad. Her hubby will meet up with us at church (he's at his folks right now getting his long awaited hugs also.) We haven't seem them since August!


All of us will meet at church in the pew we've sat in for years (that has seemed so empty since they all moved out...) and then trek over to my brother's house for the real gala.


Christmas Eve has always been the big day in our family! I've got all my gifts loaded to go, the food is prepared and daughter even gave me a crash course in how to use our new camera!

I have a niece coming in from Texas with her fiancee also. It will be so good to have all my siblings, their spouses (even an ex-spouse) and all the kids together for an evening! There will be 24 of us all under one roof - gathered around one tree - laughing - eating - singing - reminiscing. Mom and Dad would be proud that we've managed to stick together and carry the torch they have passed on to us. I miss them today. A lot.


So for now - I have to go see that youngest daughter isn't demolishing my kitchen as she makes cookies. (some things never change *sigh*) But then again - who would want them to!


Merry Christmas to all of my blog readers! May the warmth of the season and the love of our Lord surround you with peace, happiness and health!





No comments: