Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back Home Finally!


As usual, we decided to spend an extra day at the lake. I returned home late last night. I'll be going over the comments from last week - put the names in a hat and pick the winner of the stop watch later today!


Our weekend was fabulous! My sister came a day early with her son and it was the perfect way for him to be with family and spend some quiet time before leaving for Teen Challenge on Monday. I have great confidence that this will be exactly what he needs.


My niece & her hubby were traveling back from a trip to Nova Scotia and also decided to drop by and spend a few nights. We had a full house all weekend (13 of us in a tiny cottage) but it was wonderful and I was sorry to see it end!


While there - my sis happened to spot a cottage that was for sale across the lake (our lake is small - so across the lake means we could shout to one another from our docks). She brought her hubby back - and they put a purchase offer in on it last night! I am so excited that she could actually have a cottage on our lake! That was the dream late hubby & I had years ago when we bought the place.


I must confess that I was not too good at following my challenge while away. I did do the exercise part (knew I would there!) but not so good at the water part. I forgot my case of bottled water and don't care for the taste of the well water there. I drank a lot of crystal light...not sure if that counts.... I didn't use a smaller plate - but I think I did okay on my portion sizes. Not much fruit though. But lots of veggies. Sounds not so bad, right? But there were tons of baked goods and I helped myself more frequently than I should have. Yet still, surprisingly I didn't gain anything. I'm down 7 pounds since I started so I guess I'm actually doing something right.


I didn't start a new challenge for this week because I was at the lake and frankly didn't give it much thought. I think I'll spend the rest of this week getting back on track with he water and fruit and begin a new challenge next Sunday.


One tidbit of encouragement that made my weekend (!) Two people asked if I was losing weight. Both said my butt looked smaller. Yeah! My shorts are feeling looser than they have all summer. 7 pounds isn't a whole lot - but hearing those comments has made me feel more committed than ever now!


Hope you all had a great weekend - stop back to find out who the winner is later too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely time was had by all! I too am going to ease back on track after my holiday. 7lbs does make a difference, Way to go! Hope your sister gets the cottage, it's great to have family near. Great pix!

MargieAnne said...

Ditto to your sister getting the cottage. We made a mistake years ago when the next-door section came up for sale. Today, like all coastal properties it's value is too high for us to contmplate .... probably well over 1.5 million. Very expensive for NZ but that's the price of living in a special place.

Blessings.

Manuela said...

Glad that you had a good weekend.

How many more times, if any, can you go before the cold weather sets in? I'm guessing it must be pretty when the leaves are changing.

I'll look forward to seeing any pictures you may take then :)