Friday, August 15, 2008

Off to the Lake!


With this week winding down and Lora here claiming victory over her self made challenges - I'm heading off to the lake!


The water issue will be easy there. And yes, we have small plates at the cottage. Fast food? None down there. Hubby's going with me so we'll be taking the expressway all the way and no fast food places on that route anyway!


And now - a confession of sorts - though I don't really consider this a relapse....I stopped at McDonald's today. But I didn't order anything bad! I had to go to the rental property we have to do some last minute tidying before the tenants (aka college kids) arrive tomorrow and realized that I was missing lunch and my tummy was rumbling. So I got a Southwest grilled Chicken Salad. It's been a while since I had one and I felt strong enough to resist the urge to order a Big Mac & Fries. And you know what? When I got to the drive up widow I didn't even want anything else - except the salad.


When I arrive home Sunday (or Monday if we decide to stay an extra day) I'll have started my challenge for week four. Which is.....drum roll please....

Make sure I eat at least 4-5 servings of fruit and/or vegetables every day.


That's a biggie for me because I happen to be a carbohydrate loving gal - and if truth be told - I don't eat a whole lot of fruit. I'm hoping this will move me towards a healthier - cleaner way of eating. I can certainly use the fiber and the extra nutrition found in fruits and veggies.


Have I mentioned that I'm feeling much less bloated these days? I think it's ll the extra water I've been drinking - which is slowly become second nature to me. Which has been my whole intent here..... little changes - over time - that become a way of life.


Y'all have a great weekend!








6 comments:

JC said...

You are my kind of blogger. A carb fan. I love bread of any kind not to mention everything else that is carb related.

I'm proud of you for going for the salad. You made a good choice.

Have a great time at the lake.

grammy said...

Sounds like it will be a great weekend. It is 50 degrees here in Co. Not good camping weather. Not even garage sales. I want to try your challenge. I will also try to have 5 fruits and veggies. Helps to tell someone that you are doing it. I can't wait to check on you and see how you do...hehee

Unknown said...

So impressed with the salad!

I think that having access to the bad food but choosing the good is a much bigger challenge than avoiding it all together - so way to go!

Have fun!

Pattie said...

You'll love eating 4-5 veggies a day, Lora. It's easy to "sneak" them in: fruit on your cereal or in your cottage cheese; tomato on a sandwich; an apple for a snack; toss in some mushrooms or zucchini into your pasta sauce. YUM! I'm so proud of you for all the changes you're making. You go, girl!

Hope your time at the lake was wonderful and relaxing. How much longer will you be able to go before the weather changes? I’d love to see some photos during Autumn. :-)

RunningNan said...

you are making me drink more water today. Especially after the hot tub incident Friday!

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.