Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sniffling Still....


I'm still fighting this nasty cold. I just can't shake the cough. Only good thing is I can't really taste food so I'm eating more for sustenance than pleasure. Of course my body could sustain itself just fine for several weeks probably on it's own....


Mornings are easy for me. I could skip breakfast easily and not miss it. But we're always told it's THE most important meal of the day - so I force myself. I have a sweet tooth in the AM so I'd never have to force-feed myself a donut or a muffin or a handful of chocolate chip cookies....but I DO have to make myself eat a bowl of whole grain cereal or a slice of whole wheat toast with a little peanut butter.


My real downfall is lunch. Whether I eat breakfast or not....I'm always ravenous for lunch. Emotionally as well as physically. Wonder why that is.... And dinner time - whoa! That's been ALL messed up ever since I married hubby 3 1/2 years ago. He works late and we don't eat until about 9 pm. That in itself is a recipe for disaster. Because at 5ish I start raiding the fridge to "hold myself over" and end up eating a meal's worth of food (vowing I'll NOT eat with hubby when he gets home) but being the Emril he is (he LOVES to cook) I simply can't resist when he starts cooking. I've gained 25 pounds since we got married! 25 freaking pounds!


When we moved to the new house (where his business is situated) I have told him that I will be making dinner at 6 each night. I will call him in to join me or wrap it up for him to re-heat when he's done working. What I'm truly hoping is that he'll start work earlier (he's self-employed so he gets rolling around 11:00 AM) and be done by 6:00. Needless to say I can't WAIT until we move into that new house!


Speaking of which - all of the windows are finally in! All 20 of them! The contractor for the new part put the first bunch in but we did the last 8 in the old part ourselves. What a challenge! One was a bay that we had to build an angled roof for. Thankfully hubby knows what he's doing. We've started to design a kitchen plan so that's exciting. It's been getting cold in there though now that the weather has turned so we're trying to hustle. Our anticipated move in date by Christmas just ain't gonna' happen though.


You'd think all this moving and lifting and pounding would be making me stronger and burning some calories. Maybe I'm getting a little stronger...Hard to tell. Everything hurts.


I've got a Golden Anniversary party to attend on the 27th of this month and I'm trying to shed 5 pounds between now and then. A mini goal of sorts. The dress I want to wear is snug. It fits - but it's SNUG!


Have I mentioned that I hate my butt? Just thought I'd leave you with that....


No comments: