Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Managing Halloween....


Tomorrow is Halloween and I feel pretty good. I haven't bought any candy to hand out yet. Aside from the fact that I'm a total procrastinator ~ I wait until the last minute because in the past I would inevitably eat all the stash by the time Halloween actually rolled around and then have to go out and buy more anyway!


My other tactic is to buy something I really don't care for.


Gone are the days I had three little ones that would come home with pillowcases stuffed full of all kids of tantalizing treats. I'm ashamed to admit how many times I would sneak up and raid their stash. They started catching on and began hiding it. But I always managed to sniff it out. At least THAT temptation is gone!


Can anyone relate here?


We live in a somewhat rural area so we have always just left a bowl of candy out on the front porch and taken the kids to my sister's neighborhood where there are sidewalks and plenty of houses. Now that the kids are grown we go to my brother's and have a campfire in the front yard where my only will power is needed to deflect the pizza and wings. But I'm feeling in control so I don't think it will be a problem. I'll limit myself to 2 pieces of pizza and 2 wings. That'll be my dinner so it'll be okay. I've been bringing my water with me everywhere too and that has been a real help. I have a case stashed in my car and drink it all the time.


Grandbaby is going to join us (he's almost 3) so that should be a treat! This is the first year he'll really be aware of what's going on. I really enjoy Halloween! It brings out the kid in all of us!


Oh...and by the way ~ I still HATE my haircut! What WAS I thinking????

1 comment:

Honi said...

i can relate on the halloween issue.. sounds liek a great plan for eating.. its great when we can indulge and control at the same time... I totally agree about the candy.. Oh and thanks for stopping by my blog.. I put u on my blog list so I can can visit often...