Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I'm Back!!




Oh my gosh...How awful to be without a computer in this fast paced world. I can't believe how much I needed it and How I've come to depend on the speed at which we are able to get information these days. I will say on the flip side though...I certainly got a lot done these past few weeks. Every drawer in my house is now organized and tidy. I've managed to declutter an area that has been a thorn in my side for years (yes, years!) And the other day, my house was so clean and organized (very, very unlike me) that I actually couldn't think of anything to do!

Of course, did I exercise? Nooooo. I can't find my weights. Poor excuse, I know. I cleaned up so much that I forgot where I put them. So being one of the "all or nothing" type personalities I am....I didn't do ANY exercise the past 10 days! (Except walk - I did cover 2 miles for 3 days in a row, then the snow came back and I table that.)
But the biggest factor I believe was not having to be accountable to this blog. Even if the accountability is only to myself. Putting your goals in writing, chronicling your successes and failures, and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (no matter how faint it is at the moment) works for me.
So I've lost 5 pounds total now. Not much, but I look at it like 5 boxes of butter. (they taught me that in weight watchers.) And 5 boxes of butter is a good amount of lard! And the real motivation here is that even my fat clothes were busting at the seams and I refuse - I repeat - I REFUSE to go another size bigger!

So for now, this butter ball is melting, albeit ever so slowly. But melting just the same. I'm looking forward to the day when I'm no longer "Fat in the can". tee hee :-)

No comments: