Friday, June 6, 2008

The heat is on!


It's hotter than blazes here right now - 90 degrees on my thermometer in the shade. The classroom I taught in today had to be one of the hottest rooms in the school. I felt like I was melting. The kids were dripping wet and I had 3 fans going. I know you people in hotter regions of the world are probably saying "you call that hot?" But here in upstate NY (where summers are fleeting - our schools don't have A/C) so we suffer.


Anyway - I need to hop in the shower before the rehearsal dinner (thought I had this covered this morning ~ NOT!) If it's this hot tomorrow (the humidity is awful) I won't be running. Anything to put off that 20 minute run, right? Oh wait. I told myself I was doing the two 8 minutes stretches. But I'll run Sunday. Not to worry. Lora is not giving up. I just don't want to get heat exhaustion before the wedding!


Hope you all have a great weekend. I'll try to check in, but who knows. Stay healthy and eat well!


4 comments:

Sabine said...

Well *I* certainly do call it HOT! Love the picture... lol!

RunningNan said...

I'll be waiting for your update! Have fun!

Life At 40 said...

Lora loved the pic LOL Hope you have a great weekend

CactusFreek said...

I hate the heat! I hibernate during summer. I hate sweating and i hate the flies [Australia is the world capital for flies, i'm sure!!]
Just reading your post about the heat has annoyed me lol