Saturday, January 24, 2009

On my Fridge...


I've been down for the count, folks. Sick, sick, sick! And I had my flu shot this fall. Go figure. Only good thing was I didn't feel like eating much. One can always find the perks, right?


I've attached my inspirational collage. It's not very big...just large enough to hang on the side of my fridge and make me think twice before opening it up and foraging for something I don't need. I really have to undo the holiday damage in a big way. Hubby came home the other day from the market with lots of fruit and veggies and whole grain items. What a breath of fresh air after the holiday appetizer run that lasts in our family the whole 12 days of Christmas and then some. My body has been craving stuff that's good for me lately. I think it's finally staging a revolt and telling me ~ no more crap!


I saw the movie "Grand Torino" yesterday. Clint Eastwood (a very old Clint Eastwood) was in it and it was pretty good. I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it at first - seemed kind of like it was going to be a "guy-flick" but it turned out to be very enjoyable. The language is raw though. That's the only thing that bothered me. But no nudity or sex. Can you imagine? Hollywood turned out a movie without those two elements. And it's getting rave reviews. Hopefully they'll take note.
Have a happy weekend. Sty well. Eat well.


9 comments:

grammy said...

Good to here from you. Sorry you have been sick. I have a picture on the side of the frig of me looking very chubby (didn't want to use that other word) I hope that keeps reminding me of where I don't want to be. My son passed the tests for the sheriff department in Kansas and now has to go back thre last weekend in Jan. for another round. Pray for him please. Have a great week.

Diana Swallow said...

i'm sorry to hear you're feeling sick. I know its going around here too.

I love your collage. I've been working on a little slide show for myself to inspire myself but I may make something similar to yours too, its a great tool and every little bit helps.

new*me said...

what a great idea to inspire you! I know I did some damage through the holidays too. I only gained a lb but I keep thinking, if I had been a little better, I could have lost maybe another 5 lbs :) BUT Christmas was so special this year so I'm trying not to sweat it. My body is craving mostly only good foods too and I feel so much better than when Christmas cookies were in my tummy almost every day ;)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Hope you feel better real soon, Lora!

(love the collage!)

JC said...

Sorry you are feeling badly hope your better soon. Thanks for sharing your collage. I love the words "Binge Proof" absolutely love it.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better. I want to see that just haven't had the chance to yet. Have a good week my friend.

Big Girl said...

I hope you're feeling better. Seems like the flu bug has gotten a few people I know.

Love the collage... a nice reminder.

Doc Manette said...

I hope you begin to feel better soon!

How nice for the hubby to bring home healthy delicious food from the grocery store!

And I love your collage!

TitanThirteen said...

Love that collage, i think i'm going to steal that from you!
Get well [[HUG]] :o/