Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Week!


It's 6:30 AM and I have a few free minutes to myself to sip some coffee and browse blogs. That's not a regular occurrence for me anymore these days. I worked my overnight job Wed-Fri last week...came home for the weekend and will leave in an hour to go back to the job until Wednesday. Then I come home and help hubby tear out all the carpet because the new rug is supposedly being installed that afternoon. We shall see.


In any event - after that I do some speed cleaning & cooking. I sense a bit of stress welling up in the already full pool (I was going to call it a "stress" pool - but that sounded too much like "cess" pool....)


Youngest daughter will arrive home from Massachusetts Wednesday also and I'm really looking forward to that! We haven't had her here for a Thanksgiving in years! And when we host the second dinner here at our house on Friday we have another major milestone. Hubby's brother and his wife (who are Jehovah's Witnesses and celebrate NO holidays) have agreed to come for dinner. As long as we don't call it Thanksgiving. Even though we're having turkey....and all the family will be there and of course...and we will be giving thanks...as long as we don't recognize the celebration with a name - they will come.


They have NEVER attended any holiday, birthday or other special occasion with the family since they were married 25 years ago. Enter Lora 5 years ago. Who's persistent. Who just kept inviting them hoping (knowing) that eventually they'd give in. I'm the rebel. I send them Christmas cards every year. And I've invited the whole crew over for dinner before in mid December when my Christmas tree is up and the house is all decorated. I even went so far as to put on some holiday music but hubby squashed that. Said I was pushing it.


Anyway - we love these guys and want to spend time with them. So now we are! Hubby's mom is thrilled beyond words.


One last note before I end and finish packing for my overnight....Saturday hubby & I went to see a movie. First one in years! I think the last one was "Chronicles of Narnia." This one was called "Fire Proof" and it was excellent! Hubby cried more than I did. (He's sappy like that - which is one of the reasons I fell in love with him.) Anyway - if you're looking for a wholesome movie that embodies strong values - this is a must see.


If I don't check in before Thursday - y'all have a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

JC said...

Way to go girlfriend, don't take no to mean no for ever. Great thinking. Hope your Thanksgiving is full things to give thanks for. I'll be giving thank for you and my other blog buddies that have come to mean so much to me. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

grammy said...

Great to hear from you. Stress pool...lol... We are pretty low key right now. Hubbies parents are here for a week. We are only having seven here for dinner. By the way, we are going to Long Island for a week and one night in the city! Hope we won't freeze to death. Have a great holiday. Please don't stress to much