Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Coming Home After a Long Weekend!


Oh My. Where have I been? Just so busy with the new house (the drywall is done and we've been priming which is a tedious job as the walls are still white after all that painting!) I'm still away 2 night s a week at the aide job and then there's the cottage! Been there the past two weekends and what a needed respite!


Last weekend we opened it for the season. Dusted the cobwebs -opened all the windows to let out the musty smell (7 months will do that) and checked for signs of mice, Nada! I socked the fridge and cupboards with staples and we got all the outdoor furniture out. The weather was great and it wasn't so hard to go home knowing we'd return the following weekend.


We got home last night and it was so-o hard to leave! My 2 older daughters were there for the holiday weekend along with one hubby and one boyfriend (who confided in me that he would like to ask my daughter to marry him!) Youngest daughter and her hubby couldn't make it - they had to attend an anniversary party in Long Island. We missed them!


I don't realize how much I miss walking around the lake until I get there each year. I never tire of it. The old dirt road hugs the lake and grants us a view of the water almost the entire round except the little jaunt that takes us through a well worn trail in the woods loops through the old abandoned Camp Fire Kids Camp.


Little grandson went swimming with my son-in-aw and they swore the water was warm - yet both were shivering when they got out and scrambled for their towels! My daughter got w hooked on the Twilight Books and brought the second one down for me to read so we spent many hours on the dock with our noses in the books.


I love the lake so much! Time stands still and I swear I can almost hear the laughter of past generations echo across the lake at night. The stars spill across the sky and campfires dot the shoreline. Nothing is sweeter...


I definitely have to get on the stick and watch my eating though. While my shorts weren't tight - they certainly weren't loose. I need to get my walking regime going full throttle and maybe even try the running gig again this summer. Ah summer! It's officially here and it feels so good to hear myself say that.


Hope you all had a glorious Memorial Day Weekend!



6 comments:

JC said...

I have missed you. Glad to see all is well.

grammy said...

It has been a long time. Glad you got one post in any way. Lake sounds great. We will go camping in a few months. Still some snow and cold weather going on up there (o: Are you done with your paper?

Hanlie said...

The lake sounds so idyllic. So much like fun and family... I can't believe it's been 7 months since you closed it up!

Honib1 said...

aww wow sounds like you had a great time... hope things are going well.. nothing like a peaceful break to make you feel good.

TitanThirteen said...

I wondered where you'd gone!
You always talk so romaticly about the lake, like it's a seasonal lover. It's really sweet and you inspire me to get out to nature! :o)

sartaj faisal said...

Hi

I think this moment is great for you and there are so many people like this moment.

Diet Plan
,
Walk In Clinic
,
Healthy Diet Foods
,
Health,Physique and Medicine
,
Pakistani Realestate
,
JObs opportunities for us
,
Travel In Pakistan