Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day....


Last night I walked into the house after being gone on my two-night "away" job. Sometimes hubby keeps the house nice and neat while I'm gone. More often than not, it's in a bit of disarray. I was braced for the worst.


Since I knew we would be babysitting dear little grandson this evening (Valentine's Day) I knew hubby and I would not be going out. I was a little sad. All day as I was caring for my patient in her home, her TV had been droning in the background. And every talk show was capitalizing on Valentine's Day. My dear hubby is not *sigh* a hopeless romantic. While he can be sweet and tender and caring - he's not the best at recognizing the few special days each year that I would like just a tad of some sort of romantic overture (like on our anniversary...or Valentine's day.)


So as I was saying - I was prepared to walk into a less than tidy house, drop my suitcase and start fixing dinner. instead I opened the door to find a trail of rose petals leading through the kitchen. I followed the trail and it led to a beautiful vase filled with nine roses. The trail kept going. So I followed it up the stairs and into our bedroom. There on the bed was another smaller vase with the remaining three roses.


I was floored! This man who comes home from work every day with overalls on, a dirty Carhart jacket and greasy hands (I'm married to a mechanic) had bought me a dozen roses and took the time to make it fun for me to find than and had made the bed while I was gone! (Did I mention the house was clean too?) What a guy!


So I called him and said I thought maybe our house had been broken into...because there were flower petals all over the place. We both laughed and he said he'd be home soon, and that we'd be going out to dinner.


I'm reveling in all of this. Because it doesn't happen that often!


If only men knew how little it takes to please a woman. At least in the romance department.


I'm still smiling.....


So is he.

11 comments:

Manuela said...

I Love It!

You're so right--it doesn't take a huge romantic gesture to get me. Often it's the little things that move me the most.

Enjoy your weekend :)

Dutch said...

That is so sweet. I know what you mean when you say if men only knew how little it takes. Happy Valentine's Day.

new*me said...

that was the sweetest!!!!!!!!!!!!


My hubby comes home the same way you described yours. He has to take off most of this clothes in the garage before he comes in otherwise he lives a grimy trail!

grammy said...

My 'mechanic' hubby had to work this morning. He left me a Starbucks card though. That was sweet. I agree, you guy did a great job. Tonight everything will be crowded so I suppose we will go to church then come home. Maybe rent a Redbox movie (o:

JC said...

That is the sweetest I have heard so far. Does he have an available brother that like fat chicks? HA!!! Glad you were treated special. Happy Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

awww that was sweet :-)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Such a sweet thing to do!

Hanlie said...

I love it when they surprise us!

CJ said...

How wonderful! That was truly very romantic. I agree with you, it doesn't take a lot to make us happy. It takes some thought, maybe that's the problem! LOL

Doc Manette said...

What a Keeper!

I loved this post and smiled.

TitanThirteen said...

OoOOoooo someone got lucky!!